OneSpirit Interfaith Foundation has invited every one of its more than 500 ministers to take part in the most wide-ranging consultation on its future since it started 20 years ago.
The project has two strands:
- An opportunity for any minister to contribute views, either in writing or in a live conversation, on any aspect of the Foundation’s work. These contributions will be made in confidence, to independent consultants — Sally Bogle and Sian Bryant from Transcape Leading and Learning — who will then report on the emerging lessons and ideas, which will be shared with the wider organisation.
- An online questionnaire survey to get your views on how well we are doing in supporting you in your ministry, and what we can do better or differently. Your responses to the survey are completely anonymous, and will be part of the report presented by Transcape.
Within the next week, current students in Year 1 and Year 2 of the training will also be invited to participate.
The first strand — Listening Conversations — will take place between 22 May and 30 June.
Thanks to Andrew Hunter, Jude Wills and Neil Giddins who, following the open invitation from the trustees and focaliser team, stepped forward to be part of the contracting process for the Listening Conversations, spoke to the consultants and worked with OneSpirit staff.
The information gathered in the survey will also support the work of the working party on the future relationship between OneSpirit and our ministers, which will meet in the autumn.
More details about the consultation are in the invitation letter sent to all ministers by Transcape, and reprinted below. The links have been deleted from this copy, but if you are a minister and have not received an email with your personal invitation, please email Lindsay Jarrett.
Copy of Letter to all OneSpirit interfaith ministers
18 May 2017
As you may be aware, OneSpirit Interfaith Foundation has been planning a Listening Conversations Project.
We are two independent consultants – Sally Bogle and Sian Bryant from Transcape Leading and Learning – and we have been asked by OneSpirit’s trustees and leadership team to provide an individual listening space to enable ministers, students, staff and volunteers to share their experiences of the organisation, and to report on the outcomes.
The intention behind this is to learn about the organisation and its relationship with all of you; and about specific things – those that you feel are ‘well done’, and those that ‘could be better’.
We are keen to understand what you appreciate about OneSpirit and how the organisation can continue to learn and develop so that it can:
• Strengthen its work going forward
• Strengthen its relationship with the minister body
• Improve communication
• Improve services and processes
How will we do this?
Via a survey – see below.
Through direct conversation: we are inviting you to get in touch and talk to us directly via skype or telephone interviews, or if you prefer, through sending in your thoughts in writing. Following this listening phase, we in our role as independent consultants will identify themes, collate your feedback and will provide a report for the trustee and leadership team to review.
All feedback will be anonymous unless you wish and express otherwise. This report will be shared with the wider organisation along with some thoughts around what should happen next.
How you can get involved:
Firstly, please fill in the survey (link provided). We appreciate your time and support with this as it will add some important understanding and depth to the project.
Secondly – we want to hear from you. We want to hear about your experiences to help us to learn what OneSpirit is doing well, what OneSpirit can do better and what needs to change. We encourage you to get in touch with us, Sally or Sian, to share anything from your experience that feels important.
You can do this by contacting us and either:
• Sending your feedback via email with the option of a follow up telephone / Skype call with one of us for up to one hour.
• Sending your feedback via email with no requirement for a call.
• Arranging a telephone / Skype call for up to one hour.
Get in touch with us at our email addresses below. Please send your emails to both of us so that we are able to arrange between us who will speak to who.
You can contact us any time from now. If you would like a conversation then this will be booked in between 22nd May and 30th June, at a mutually convenient time.
NB: If you intend to participate we would ask that you contact us by 2nd June (if possible) to allow diary scheduling.
We are looking forward to hearing from you (email addresses provided).
Sally Bogle and Sian Bryant
Sent by OneSpirit Admin on behalf of Sally Bogle and Sian Bryant